Elutina Marina Eduardovna, Doctor of sociological sciences, professor, head of sub-department of sociology of social work, Saratov State University (building 7, 120 Bolshaya Kazachya street, Saratov, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Klimova Svetlana Vladimirovna, Doctor of sociological sciences, professor, social work specialist, organizationalmethodical department, State Autonomous Institution of Saratov region “Comprehensive Center for Social Services for the Population of Engels District” (8 Bryanskaya street, Engels, Saratov region, Russia), email@example.com
Background. In the light of the general tendency of population aging in Russia, a scientific analysis of the rehabilitation practice of the elderly is needed. The purpose of the article is to consider the mechanism of leisure organization for the elderly by engaging them in creative activity together with specific social problems of the retirement age.
Materials and methods. The authors used sociological methods of collecting and analyzing social information in the course of empirical study of the use of art technology at an institution of social services, as well as general scientific methods of classification and comparative analysis. The provisions of the article are based in representative sociological studies of leisure of Russians, psychological studies of the mentality of the elderly, an analysis of the experience of implementing art technologies
in the social service for elderly clients.
Results. The study reveals the role of free time in the socialization of the personality of the elderly, presents social barriers to the use of free time for the full development of an elderly person, shows the social components of art technology.
Conclusions. The lack of material resources, social exclusion and changing interpretation of institutional roles adversely affect social health in the third and fourth age. However, the inclusion into creative and artistic processes brings back the sense of social usefulness to the elderly.
1. Entsiklopediya sotsial'nykh praktik podderzhki pozhilykh lyudey v Rossiyskoy Federatsii [The encyclopedia of social practices to support the elderly in the Russian Federation]. Eds. prof. E. I. Kholostova, prof. G. I. Klimantova. Moscow: Izdatel'sko-torgovaya korporatsiya «Dashkov i K», 2015, 552 p.
2. Entsiklopediya sotsial'nykh praktik podderzhki invalidov v Rossiyskoy Federatsii [The encyclopedia of social practices to support the handicapped in the Russian Federation]. Eds. prof. E. I. Kholostova, prof. G. I. Klimantova. Moscow: Izdatel'sko-torgovaya korporatsiya «Dashkov i K», 2015, 824 p.
3. Entsiklopediya sotsial'nykh praktik podderzhki sem'i i detstva v Rossiyskoy Federatsii [The encyclopedia of social practices to support the family and childhood in the Russian Federation]. Eds. prof. E. I. Kholostova, prof. G. I. Klimantova. Moscow: Izdatel'skotorgovaya korporatsiya «Dashkov i K», 2015, 752 p.
4. Rossiyskaya entsiklopediya sotsial'noy raboty [The Russian encyclopedia of social work]. Ed. E. I. Kholostova. Moscow: Izdatel'sko-torgovaya korporatsiya «Dashkov i K», 2016, pp. 44–47.
5. Elyutina M. E., Trofimova O. A. Zhurnal issledovaniy sotsial'noy politiki [The journal of sociopolitical research]. 2017, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 37–50.
6. Fond obshchestvennogo mneniya [The public opinion foundation]. Available at: http:// fom.ru/Obraz-zhizni/10880/ (accessed April 21, 2017). 7. Shatokhina V. A. Mental'nost' cheloveka starshego vozrasta [Elderly person’s mentality]. Moscow: Sotsial'noe obsluzhivanie, 2016.
8. Pchelina I. A., Sukocheva M. N. Sotsial'noe obsluzhivanie [Social servicing]. 2015, no. 6, pp. 12–23.